The Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has received credit from the International Development Association towards the cost of Telecommunications Sector Reform Project, and it intends to hire Two (2) LOCAL ASSISTANTs for Project implementation support.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested consultants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services mentioned in ToR.
The Local Assistants that shall be hired to provide the services and shall possess the following minimum requirement and experience:
- Any Graduate (Most preferable if former work experience in secretarial job)
- Must have worked with special projects or any ODA/foreign funded projects for at least one (1) year.
- Computer literate and capable of using Microsoft Project or similar Project Scheduling software.
- Understanding of the structure and organization of Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately i.e., good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to use effectively all Microsoft Office suites and to prepare figures, tables and graphic design work as required in report preparation.
The engagement shall be one year.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9, on Conflict of Interest, of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Further information can be obtained at the address below through the Project Director of the Telecommunication Sector Reform Project during 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays thru Fridays.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by email) on or before 4:30PM of August 15, 2018.
U Than Htun Aung
Telecommunication Sector Reform Project, Post and Telecommunications Department,
Office No. 2, Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC)
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Tel: +95 67 407435, Fax: +95 67 407539